Monday, November 19, 2018

Thanksgiving Day is Coming....


The earth has tilted enough now that I will soon be seeing the sun rise over that roof top.  Our days seems pleasant and the wind has died down.  Wind chills will not be a problem today.



The juncos are back in full force now eating at the feeders in larger groups.  The sparrows do hang together like a gang but the junco likes to be more independent and comes and mixes with others. I placed the top of the line black oil sunflowers out there and still am awaiting for birds with red or blue on them.


Now that the new feeder is up I will bring in the cast iron skillet.  Snow and rain really can be hard on it,  My parents used the skillet when they camped.  I can see my mom heating that up to as hot as she could get it on the gas fired stove.  I know it wouldn’t glow red but my mom loved to cook with the h highest heat possible. 


We thought about putting up one of our Christmas trees by the end of this week but I don’t think we have the energy for it.  We will have company from Thanksgiving afternoon until Saturday afternoon with our Illinois family. It will be a lot of fun to have them and the young guys can get reacquainted with the grandparents. Barney will be glad to see them all and then he will rest a lot after they leave.  It is Monday and I am glad you could check in on my post. 

No comments: