Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Middle of the Week.....




The tree is just for show. I want it to be seen from the road and it does look good from the outside. I place the larger ornaments that are glass blown on it and the bubble lights seem to fit in with that theme.



My Christmas geese always put out a great attitude.  They are some of my favorites. They remind me of the geese I would see walking in line heading toward a pond. We would drive by and there was always something moving around. The farm was a traditional one with lots of chickens, ducks and geese wandering freely.  I am sure the geese had been up to a feeding area and were then headed back to the pond for a swim.
We watched our "Polar Express" movie already. It just is something we do at Christmas time. I am reminded from the movie that "it doesn't matter what train you get on, it is important that you choose to ride. "  The bell that is found by the boy that had fallen off of the reindeer bells set was actually a shinny silver bell and not a brass bell that were used on horse drawn sleighs in Iowa.


The trains that are running up at the Boone and Scenic Valley Railroad, are giving the kids a silver bell with a red ribbon on it to replicate the one that is illustrated in the Polar Express story book. They call their rides the Christmas Train. I hope their heating systems are sort of working because it is cold this time of the year.


A few birds are hanging around for seed but they don't have to worry about snow cover at this time. I thank you all for stopping by today.  We will be off shopping again today.

3 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You have a beautiful tree, Larry. And, it’s nice that it can be seen from the window view with all the lights and ornaments. We also watched the Polar Express this week. I like the music so much that I ordered a copy of the soundtrack. We also watched Home Alone and I ordered that soundtrack as well, which was done by John Williams of Boston Pops and Star Wars and Indiana Jones fame.

Laurel Wood said...

I love your tree. Fortunately it is not terribly cold here yet. You two have a great day.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That must be the tree you can see from the street, I love it! Bubble lights are perfect! :)