Friday, July 31, 2020

Friday......


The nion that wintered over startde growing right away in the spring. It formed this head and I finally just just pulled it to use the onion in the house.

The volunteer tomato ends up to being one of those large heirloom tomatoes. I had not bought any of those this year but it came up at a good place. My whole spring planting seemed  strained as I did n't go shopping just any where. The zinnias still look pretty strange but the plants are looking more like what a normal zinnia looks like.  My regular tomato patch has the tallest plants that I ever have had.  It is because they are so crowded.

I did make our weekly trip to the grocery store.  It is not an easy job and yet I get along ok, I have gotten so that I grab two of whatever I am getting os it will make it easier with us. I had a long list so we spent a lot of money.  I really was out of bird seed for my cocatiels for a couple of days.  So I rushed seed down to them and they acted indifferently.  They were ready to continue their morning nap.

We are having a nice day.  It looks rainy but we don't have anything like that. I will wait one more day to mow my yard.  Thanks for stopping by today.


3 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

How fun to see the onion plant and your veggies. What a great photo of the hummer's little body. They are amazing to watch. Grocery shopping is quite a chore these days. I have been ordering cat food from chewy.com because the bags are too heavy for me to deal with at the grocery store. Today, chewy started limiting me to two bags! I will have a revolt on my hands if my 5 cats run out of food!

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Such pretty photos!

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is a very pretty onion flower! Yes we have begun buying two of everything also...I think there will be shortages again. The virus just doesn't want to calm down...and neither do some people:(