Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Tuesday.....




I noticed a home finch bring two of its young birds to the feeder. I had crumbs of seed as I have stopped feeding the birds for awhile. So I filled everything again.  It brought the chipmunk up the stairs instantly.

From the sounds of hatching birds in the blue spruce there were a lot of nests in that tree.Once the adult bird borught some of its birds to the feeder it was like a convention. Birds are everywhere.  And then the morning dove thought this to be a good time to get some sunflower seeds.

I also looked out yesterday and saw an adult male cardinal.  It was a few minutes later and this young cardinal showed up to eat.  It came for this one time and I haven't seen it again. I am thinking there are other feeders in the neighborhood.  I haven't seen an adult around since a few times this winter.


We have been concerned about my wife's friend which we have been helping for a long time with her doctor appointments.  Then she became sick enough to be placed in a hospital. She has memory loss because of one of here radiation treatments but she would call my wife daily and still had a lot of confusion. Four or more days ago she was moved to a nursing home. The friend Shari kept calling for a day or two and then she was not calling.  She did not know  where she was placed. When she stopped calling we had to spend a couple of days trying to follow her location.  Finally the original hospital just kind of suggested to check at a certain place. Through another call that said they couldn't tell me that she was there I wasn't on the list. Finally.she said she was in the shower and she could give her my number. With in twenty minutes my wife was able to talk to her again. It was a few bad days for us as we originally told she was in another nursing home and it was misinformation.

I spent some time this afternoon trying to trim back my trees that had limbs hanging over the sidewalk.  I ended up getting into a confrontation with two adult robins that wanted to protect there nest.  I walked away having taking just some small branches instead of cutting back limbs.

We are going to have rain storms for the evening. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

4 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

I can only imagine your and Della's concern for your friend when you did not hear from her and did not know where she was. I'm thankful the two of them could finally talk.
These chipmunk photos are so cute. I enjoyed seeing the variety of birds at your feeder and your pretty blooms. We are still hot and dry but our grass needs mowing. A high school boy, two doors down, is supposed to mow our lawn until John's knee improves.

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is so sad about your friend I am so glad you found her! You have baby birds!! We have a baby woodpecker that bosses his Mom around fun to watch :)

The Great Ethan Allen said...

Such a cute chipper... Our cat catches them. He is pretty good at bringing them home still alive and unhurt. I can release them unharmed and than the cat for a present. I like having the chipmunks around because they tend to clean up the mess the birds and squirrels make.

Ela said...

It's always nice when animals visit the garden!
These chipmunk photos are great !
Greetings