Sunday, July 12, 2020

Sunday Afternoon.....





We were told that the county above us was predicted to have a storm. We were not included in that info but the storm had a different idea. We received high winds and rain with hail thrashing on the sides of our house and windows. It was heavy rain and we got an inch or more rain from it.


After the rain we got a rainbow.

The wind was really blowing and I could see the waves of water running down my neighbors side of his house.


We really had not experienced a storm while being in a sun room. The hail was light and at the end so it didn't damage plants. All the windows held and did not leak. Our dormant grass looks a little better.

My watering of the zinnias has been good but it never gets down like a real rain.  The zinnias jumped up a coupe of inches over night. If I don't get any more plants transplanted in spaces I can see now that this will grow into a good zinnia patch. I can't believe that 14 days ago I didn't have anything in there. I first posted sprouts on June 26th.

The wind did smash these guys to the ground. If they don't raise on there on I will tie them up tomorrow.

Our grass has gone dormant all over the neighborhood.  I can see it helps a little but we are going to have brown yards now for along time. It was a shock as to how it happen after two or three hot days.
It has been a quiet day here on a Sunday. Church is always on tb and nap time is good on Sunday afternoon.

Thanks for stopping in on my post today. Stay safe no matter what.  Our young people in this state has decided to spread it among themselves. Protesters here would not admit that they are also spreading it. Be safe!

2 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

I'm thankful your home was not damaged. Beautiful pics of the rainbow. That's great that your zinnias are growing quickly now. I hope the coneflowers will recover. Glad you had a restful afternoon after watching church.

Far Side of Fifty said...

A gentle rain would have been welcome! Your Zinnias sure grew! Yes we are seeing a rise in cases up here too...some eating establishments are back to curbside because their young employees have it. :( Scary out there:)