Tuesday, July 11, 2023

A Red Hot Day...

 

Our day has warmed up to 89° F. and it feels like it is hot.  I worked outside this morning until it became too much.  I feel sorry for all the plants in the pots and I may give them a boost of water soon. I am caring for a pot of flowers for my neighbors and I think I will move it to a place in the shade.


 

Red is one of my favorite colors and I like when I can find flowers that are a true red.  The drought is encouraged of course and even when extra water these petunias are still not growing as large as they should be this time of the year.



One of the things that I like about zinnias is that don't care if it is dry.  They are starting to look like a good field of flowers.  It is one of my favorites to photograph except for the rose shots that are the best.



The fencing really isn't for the protection of the zinnias.  I have glads growing at the one end and a rabbit can eat them off so quickly.  I would like to shorten the fencing and take them apart to do so but I do have better things to do.



Ir isn't so pretty but I did pick my first roma tomato a few days ago.  I am still going to let it ripen a few days on the counter. 


I am at the bottom of the stairs working on the final design needed to make it look right. I lifted all the cement blocks out of there this morning and I am having to figure out how to get the entire bottom rectangular space all level with all the right supports to make it happen.  I didn't get it done today. It got too hot and I walked away from it hoping maybe I can face it another day. I keep reworking the plans in my head to get it to happen.  The railroad ties that the former owner put in for his stairs are not the greatest foundation for the stairs but I am working around it.  I moved out one of the tie railings to rework his design.

Tomorrow is another day. See you here  again.....


4 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Great flowers as usual! Good luck with those steps.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looks like you are near the end of your stair project! Nice tomato!!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

What gorgeous red flowers, Zinnias are some of my favorite, easy to grow and bloom despite the heat.
Stay cool Larry.
~Jo

Val Ewing said...

My zinnias are shorter this year but at least they will start blooming any day.

I had my first 4 o'clocks bloom too which was a surprise. I think they are ones that were reseeded from dropped seeds the year before.
Love those reds! So Vibrant!