Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Tuesday's Things....


 When you plant a cottage garden without a plan things come up and surprise you. I had forgotten that I had this form of a tiger lily.  There is a special name for this but it isn't a true tiger lily. 

 

 

Another recent surprise bloom in the cottage gaden was this day lily.  It is different than all the others that I have.  Unfortunately it is planted right next to an iris plant.  I can know how that happens but I will have to move some things.  They both will get dug at the same time as they are that close to each other. 



A new phlox that I bought a couple of years ago is still struggling.  I am sure it is too crowded but it was planted during the two years of drought so it hasn't had a chance to get rooted in solidly. 



The is a phlox with the same story.  It will get established with me watering it often.  It isn't so crowded . It just takes a few years to get going. 



It was 77° F. already when I went outside to work.  I spread a sack of dirt along my new stairs to help make a dip in the yard that goes along it.  I moved a hoasta today and split it up into five plants.  Iwill have to water every single day to keep them alive.  I did go around to photograph a few new things.  I am at the point that I have too many shots of flowers.  I am trying to find ne things to shoot. I am inside already by 11:00 as it was too hot.  I hit the showers and then rest after working outside. 

Stay safe out there.

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

Nice! I just saw a white phlox blooming in our garden and since all of these were transplants, I was super surprised. I have never added to the flowers, just split them and moved them.
:)