Saturday, October 3, 2026

Repairmen Day


 We have sunshine. It is so appreciated after 18 days of clouds and rain. I never turn down the chance of getting sunlight through the back of anything. This is a smaller bloom so I have zoomed in on it to get all of those great colors. 


 I picked all of the white blooms earlier, three actually, so when this new one shows up I can't not take a shot of it. I remember buying a packet of white zinnias one year and the next year's seed did not hold the genetics of a white flower. 


 My multi-headed sunflowers are not holding up very well with all of our rain Where there is suppose to be seed there are spongy wet black pads. Usually I get birds on them but they are spoiled. 


 My Japanese maple tree has really done well this summer.. I kept it watered for a long time but I have stopped as we just kept getting rain. The trunks of the tree turned green and new leaves are everywhere  at the top.


 I was mourning the loss of this iris as it had all rotted out. I think it was actually iris grubs as the  rhizomes were all hollow. To my surprise this one rhizome just shot up two sprouts from the ends of it.  I have now moved it to a better location where it will have good drainage and more light. I hope I have saved it,


 Time is all I needed to finally see my transplanted iris growing. It has been cool and wet but they did root down anyway. There were larger rhizomes. These were some small bits that I just didn't want to throw away. We are gong to have five or six good days, no rain, and lots of sunshine to help things get rooted in for spring.


 I backed out the car this morning and hand washed it. It had dirt on it from a rain two weeks ago.. I did do it myself and it felt good to see how the surface of the car is doing. I have dings form other parked cars and other things that need to be toughed up from parking curbs. If I could get some touch up white I could take care of some of that.

We are having a new garbage disposal installed today. It is happening right now so I can get some blogging done. I think the disposal is the original one when the house was built back in 2003. Rather than paying a repair bill we are just going to get a new one. I have installed three different ones in my lifetime but today I have a guy doing it without my help.  Things in the house are slowing having to be replaced because of the age of the place. The furnace and water heater were replaced a year ago. 

It is nice to look out and see sunshine.  Our grass is getting shaggy again but I am not going to worry about it until Monday.  I have to do a dentist thing on Thursday.  I have three other appointments this month. scattered through the end of the month.  I will be glad to get them all done.

Thanks for stopping by today.    

No comments: