Sunday, March 29, 2009

Mini Bridge....



I dug a pond in my back yard quite a few years back and we have enjoyed it. It has been difficult to maintain as I made it deep enough that fish could survive the winter and that means so many leaves can fall into the water and rot all winter. I usually net the fish out and bring them in for the winter so it doesn't have to be deep. The picture of it a few years ago shows how lush it can be and also you see the old bridge.
So I need to do some problem solving to rehab the whole thing. I am thinking turn it into a shallow pond that I could keep small goldfish in and also wouldn't have to worry about any dangers of children falling into it. Number one thing that comes this spring is to pump it dry and get the old leaves out of it. The rest will come. It would mean hauling a lot of dirt in my rickety old wheel barrel. The new bridge isn't completed as I want to make a railing on it between each corner post. The old bridge had was getting dangerous. Our border collie doesn't like this one as he doesn't want to take the time to cross it straight across and likes to jump from the edge to the other side.

1 comment:

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

It looks nice. We have clean out the pond on our spring to do list. I'll look forward to seeing it all finished!