Sunday, March 8, 2009

Old friends.......


I ran into an old friend today at the Machine Shed restaurant . It seemed strange. I worked with him for ten years at the school he in Band, me in Art, and he has been working at another school for a couple of years now. We really didn't spend a lot of time together and yet we were both there in the same teaching situations and were trying to keep up with the chaos of the schedule of the busy school days. We had some serious talks but when I think of how many times in ten years, is was not very many. I watched his kids grow up and taught his kids. I listened to his remodeling stories when we had time. He kept track of our youngest son periodically by asking how he was doing, but he didn't really know my other son. We were good friends, work friends, and we bonded a lot because of the commonality of the work we did and we knew we were getting the job done, one day at a time. It would have been nice to talk with him for a longer time today but he was with his family and a son's new girlfriend and family. I was with my family. So we talked just a little and it was nice to see him.
I found this photo from a junk yard in Grand Marais, Minnesota. The photo I took is entitled "truck buddies" and the picture did cause me to have these thoughts. The trucks are friends because of their common fate. They have a lot in common because of location and I bet they are getting to know each other very well. Thanks for reading.

No comments: