Friday, September 18, 2009

Touching base......

Life does get busy and sometimes it just plain bogs me down. I have seen so many things that I should be shooting for my own enjoyment as well as sharing but it just didn't get done. We had a red sunrise a couple of days ago that was the color of the above geranium. One doesn't see a red sun that often. I just couldn't get motivated to cross the street, early morning, and trespass on my neighbors property to take the picture. Oh yes, I would have gotten properly dressed to go outside, Oh well.
This is my plant teaser. Most of you know that I am not a predominately garden blogger, I have too many interests to do that. This plant is one that puts out these egg shaped fruits, you can't eat them, but then they will turn to different colors. I blogged about this in the spring but am just going to show you the plant in progress. I will show more as the colors develop and of course write more about the story of it.
I don't know the scientific name of this, but this burning bush is turning already. The sumac along our highways normally get very red, but I think we are so dry that they are going to be brown, not red, this year. I am a late blogger today, but now is better than never. Thanks for reading......

6 comments:

Alan Burnett said...

The plant teaser looks like a balloon plant (Angianus Lumbargus) to me. If you have never come across one before don't worry, I just made it up.

Ezhilan said...

Interesting plants.It looks like a real egg.I am looking forward to see the changes.

L. D. said...

Alan, you had me going there for a moment. I thought you really had seen on before. Thanks for the laugh.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

What a fascinating plant...egg plant ?
Burning bushes have the most beautiful of foliage, especially in the winter.
Lovely.

Linda said...

I've had that same experience with the missed photo opportunity that I then regretted my - whatever it was. Not laziness exactly, more just 'I mustn't let blogging take over my life'. But I still regret the missed shots!

Is the plant an aubergine? (I think it's called eggplant in the US?)

The Retired One said...

Still having pretty flowers and plants this time a year is a treat...you are so lucky. Mine are all over but a rare few sedums and some mums.