Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday Thaw........sort of.


It has been a long week and maybe today we will get a little physical rest and emotional rest.  Our temperatures have been above freezing but we have so much snow, that the air stays very cold and that means it doesn't allow much melting.

I was in Osceola, Iowa Friday night for a funeral visitation of one of my Dad's distant cousin's.  I tried to remove some of the snow from around the house down there and they had received almost thirteen inches of snow. The strong winds had created large drifts and all I really could accomplish was to dig out narrow, deep paths to the front and back doors.  I had dug us out that morning by shoveling out our walks along our corner lot.  That means I had moved a lot of snow on Friday.

Thank you all for stopping by...............

No comments: