Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thursday's moments..........


The firemen that go with their model firehouse are sitting out front. They are having their last cup of coffee before they get put away for the season.




It takes a while to get them all boxed up as one has to mess with the syrofoam casings that come with them.  Once the big things are put in thier correct boxes then we deal with all the little people and things.  It takes a few trips to get them down the stairs into the basement.  I count that as a part of my exercise routine for the day.







I picked up the one seaglass books again at the bookstore and read a little more about what washes on shore from the ocean.  They had a photo of the marbles that wash up from the harbors and shorelines.  The age of them looked like this grouping of marbles, which helped me to date these as older than I thought that they were.  Some of them are newer but this is the greatest group of what I call old. 
Some marbles are ptetty much sandblasted as they stay in rough waters and rocks for a long time on the shoreline.  They show these white glass marbles being all grayed and textured from the wear and tear.





These particular marbles looked like the ones that were shown that had washed up on shore in the book of seaglass.

I am subbing today for a band instructor.  I don't read music so we are having study hall of course.  I though I could get some blog work done in all the free moments.  We are to warm up starting this evening into the next few days.  A snow melt would be very welcomed.

Thanks for stopping by.........

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

You are making the rounds at the school..Study Hall now instead of band..you could have just winged it..and moved your arms around and kept bouncing a pointer off of your music stand!
I love marbles..they are tiny and don't take up much room so I collect them:)