Sunday, March 20, 2011

Fake versus real furbies.......


I captured this photo at school the other day. They are all plastic fakes of furby toys.


A real soft, lovable furby.  He is not working well and I don't know if a new battery will bring him back to life.  I rescued him from my parents home and  he would tell me that he was grateful if he could start talking.  When the battery is low he just says he is going to go to sleeeeeeeeeeeep and closes his eyes for long periods of times. 

He actually drove my parents crazy when they first received him as a gift from my California brother. They refused to read the directions to figure out how to shut him down, so he chattered all night and all day.  I think I remember he got stuck in a drawer to shut him down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute story and photo!

Linda said...

I'd forgotten about furbys until now! They were at their best when their batteries were dying...