Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Checking in, staying in out of the heat.......

Yellow Kockout Rose

We are 96 degrees today and it is taking everything down except for the tomatoes and the the pink knock out rose.  The yellow one does not like the heat.


Portrait of Lorrie, Iris

My neighbor sprayed for creeping charlie near this iris so two out of three buds perished and this one  ever opened normally.  When strong winds helped to deform it's shape but it's color of blue is still wonderful.

Bumble Bee, iris

This is what I called a cemetery iris and that is the name many call it when you research it on the internet.  Some have given it the name Bumble Bee.  I did read a couple years back that this specific variety was the one scientist use to develop the hybrid iris of today. I have only three cemetery iris that bloomed this  year.   I know there is a full yellow plant and lavender plant in this early older variety.


Here is another shot of my purple and white cemetery iris.  It bloomed well this  year for me and I think I have it established in a good location now that it will multiply. 

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog..........I still have a snake story to tell, a new one, after today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Larry, I really like these irises. Can't wait to hear the snake story!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Those are all lovely iris L.D.

Boy, you guys are having hot weather. It's in the high 80's down here, with lots of humidity which makes it feel hotter.

Enjoy your week ~ FlowerLady

Far Side of Fifty said...

Well I am not curious about the story too..time to spill your gutts Larry.
Your cemetery Iris are beautiful, I think they are the best too:)

Dig Brooklyn said...

I love Bumble Bee! I have been thinking of a "black" border and this would be a nice specimen to have in it. Great blog.

cheers,
Michael

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Our iris are done here in Furrginia,
Your garden looks wonnnnderful. I bet you have a lot of flying things that would make us very excited.
Does your yellow knockout rose smell very nice too?

stay cool and comfy. We have a super powerful cold air blowy thing in our house. Miles and I have to nap in the sun.

bonks!