Saturday, June 18, 2011

Yellow Kitty and the reciprocating saw........

I had a large part of a hollow trunk of my silver maple tree fall to the ground during one of our storms last week. I had pulled it off the sidewalk but needed to cut up this hollow trunk. I thought I could cut it with my reciprocating saw but I could not find it.

I looked throughout my garden shed and there was no saw. I looked throughout the basement to no avail. I took a final look in the trunk of the car and thought what I had in there was a plastic case with jumper cables. I was wrong. When I set it on the porch and opened the case, duh, it was the reciprocating saw inside of it's case, just like I had bought it. The mind is going.


My tree mess and the saw are here in the middle of the process.


I had hurried to get to work on the other side of the house. I had my electric cord stretched out and then plugged in the saw and it did work.  It cut up the trunk quickly as it was hollow and rotting. As I returned to get the wheel barrow I noticed some cat had found a place to rest.  She always liked being in boxes and the plastic saw case was a perfect fit.


It is the good life you know when you have found a good place to rest.



As you can see Yellow Kitty has switched directions here.  I finished cutting up the tree into smaller parts and four wheel barrows full of wood later I was done.  I knew that I could not return the saw into the case for a while so I just laid the saw to the side and waited.

In the afternoon the sun came over the porch roof and started to heat her up in the box, so she finally retreated to an area in the shade.  She spent the whole day in slumber enjoying the heat and humidity in the shade.  She had water but she never asked to come inside until late in the evening.

Headed south today to mow a yard and have a short open house session.  We made signs to put up while we are down there hoping someone will want to come in and look around the property and house.

Thanks for stopping by and have a good Saturday............

6 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

At least you found your saw before you went out and bought one. Yellow Kitty looks all comfy:)

Anonymous said...

What a sweet face Yellow Kitty has! It's always funny to me that a cat will make itself comfy in almost anything except what you buy it to nap in!!!
I'm praying that someone very special and deserving will be led to your parents' home during the open house.
You and Della have a safe trip.

Maria said...

I love the yellow kitty, mainly because I still have a hang over from reading Kafka by the Shore by Haruki Murakami where cats can talk.

Happy weekend.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

mind is going?? mom just said 'uh oh'
That looks like a very nice saw. I bet they don't make them like that anymore... dad says everything is cheap and made in China now.

Have a nice week-end!! I am sure Yellow would appreciate it if you broke out the saw more often so he can sit and snoopervise your work.

bonks

Debbie Lo said...

Wow, it sounds like cutting up that tree and hauling away the wood was a BIG job! So glad you found your saw (even if it took a while to remember where you'd left it...lol) Tom & I are starting to forget things too, so you're not alone!

That cat is just so cute! He obviously took a liking to your tool case! :-)

Anonymous said...

Great information here thanks for sharing!
Take Care

Reciprocating Saw