Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday's findings......


Hydrangeas take on a skeleton look of beige and brown dead petals.


The yew shrubs always collect the snow in it's branches.  We didn't get much snow from the present storm but schools north of us were closed today due to heavy snow.


The coffee bean tree from down on the farm has an interesting color of wood.  I bet you can guess which log is from the coffee bean tree.  It isn't walnut as that is a lighter color of wood than the coffee bean wood.  I may take this to the school shop and see if I can get it turned into boards.  Then I could make something from it.

Storms to the north of us about 30 miles or so that closed schools but for us school is in regular session.  I am subbing for the substitute for the regular teacher who is out for maternity leave.  It gets complicated when your sub is gone and you have to have another sub.

Saturday is only a few hours away.  Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by my post.


5 comments:

Linda said...

Subbing for a sub, Larry - that IS getting complicated.

Your hydrandea heads against the lilac paintwork make a beautifully-toned picture.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hi Larry, at least you guys have a little snow. We have rain forecast here - all weekend, and we have lots of indoor projects planned. ENjoy yours as well.

Anonymous said...

I like the "papery rattling" sound that dried hydrangeas make in the breeze.

I've never heard of a coffee bean tree but that wood is lovely.

Have a nice weekend.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Yes, it's the season of rest, everything brown and dormant.
I like the snow picture, we've had a moderate winter so far, just one day of snowfall....
Thank you for sharing your pictures, they always make me smile.
~Jo

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is a pretty stick of wood..I hope you make something out of it! :)