Saturday, January 14, 2012

Roi-Tan Cigars.......more boxes.


I found another brand of cigar boxe today and I am not sure why I have brought this container home for saving.  The lid is gone and the items inside seem to be worthless.  I see a tie clip laying in there and a piece of costume jewelry, bracelet that has fake pearls and diamonds.   The children's book is made of metal pages and I really don't know where that originally was obtained.  A couple of good nails and a paperclip are ready for use.  My dad must have dumped his pockets out into the box.


Another wooden box, that my dad had applied pictures on for decoration, contains some more useless things.  I did find coins in there from foreign countries and a lot of jewelry that was made with stones that my dad had cut and polished.



A coin from France that my dad could have brought home with him in 1945.  The Canadian coin is dated 1977.  My parents traveled along the Great Lakes that year to scout for agates.  The third coin is actually from St. Louis, Missouri.  I can't  really figure that one out and will do a little computer searching to see when and why it was created.

It has been a busy Saturday and we are glad that it has warmed up a bit.  It is just above freezing ant that seems warm for us. 

Thanks for stopping by my post today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dad had similar items in a drawer in his chest. Coins from his time in WWII, lots of tie tacs, buttons, etc.

So happy you are enjoying a little more warmth today. Take care.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Interesting stuff..especially the little metal book..can you use it as a Christmas Ornament??:)