Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Still life...........


I was setting up a still life for a photo shoot and this is what I came up with for the event.  It is a little surreal in appearance but I like it.  The figurines add a little mystery to the scene. I was hoping to get a photo for a photo contest that depicted "white."


Another view of the trio.  The dogs are antique figurines.  They belonged to my Grandmother Burgus.  The original set was larger with two larger parent dogs and a couple more puppies than these.  Unfortunately the majority are gone and I don't know when they were broken.  I do know that there was a larger one that was in existence ten years ago but my brother had an episode that caused the one to be broken. 


The oxalis is back into the living room window now enjoying company with the the poinsettia. We are having another warm day today.  I am subbing for a period and then will spend the day reconnecting a computer lab to the internet.  The lab was taken out table by table to another end of the building so the carpet could be replaced.  I will have to test each one and line up all the mice and keyboards to be sure it is ready to go. I think there are at least forty of them in there so I will be bonding with that project for a while.

Thanks for stopping by my post today.


5 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

The green in the window looks good:)

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I love the all white scene but I have to say that penguin looks a bit snoody!!! Heeeheheh!

I love the greenery surroundin' the red in your window. Sure brightens up the winter.

God bless and have a fantastic day!!! :o)

The Retired One said...

I like these "white" photos too, Larry!! Great job!

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

I like all the white pieces together.

The oxalis and poinsettia make a good pair.

Anonymous said...

I love your "whites" and how wonderful to have the figures from your grandmother.

Your plants in the window are really beautiful.