Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Truck Full of Fish



My metal toy truck seems to have an almost full load of fish.  I think the toy block was on sale during the fifties and it is a fancy block with it's interlocking grooves. I have about a dozen of these older blocks which are a part of my toy collection.


I took a very cold walk outside to capture snow photos.  Our snow is not that great looking but it is great that ther isn't a great amount out there.  The afternoon light of a cold day is evident in the sky color.


It is a good time to come inside and have tea and a pear.  My kids in Chicago sent us a box of fancy red pears.  The arrived a few days ago and they are ripening quickly.  We will have to eat fast.  We are told to refrigerate them to slow down their ripening.

I am in the special education department again today.  I am covering a couple of positions with the most important one being following and attending the classes with a nice young man.

Thanks for stopping by my post today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the old metal truck.

It looks as cold as it is there today, Larry. We had some cold last week, but today we are sunny and 63 @ 2 p.m.

Wishing you a great evening. I know you and Della are enjoying the pears. The are so pretty.

David - Pinewood Cottage said...

what a great gift the pears are! we love to give and get those special kinds of pears. Enjoy.

Far Side of Fifty said...

The pears look interesting..red..I have not seen them before:)