Sunday, April 6, 2014

Sunday.....


I replaced the glass in this 1920 school photo.  The frame is the original one on which i sprayed Scott's Liquid Gold.  It caused the wood to turn from a gray green look to the original brown color.  Written on the back of the photo was brown, $1.00 which I am assuming was the cost of the frame for the photo back then. On the back of the piece was written in pencil  a name, Vincent, and some figures added up to the cost of $2.25.   I saved the piece of the backing to go on the back but I didn't reuse the faded acid filled cardboard for backing.  It has modern foamcore backing now. This will be hung in the town library now with its renewed look and new glass. 


The field lilies, ditch lilies, are starting to show among the leaves.  The sun on the patio must cause the soil close to the edge warm up as only the lilies along the edge are sprouting.  Stray water grass, weeds, seem to be coming up but most things are not showing. I have one rose bush that really has greened up with life in it but one of my prized ones next to it seems to be dead.  I hope it is just slower to revive. 


I don't see this guy very often at the feeder but he is a blonde colored squirrel.  His outer fur coat is pale in color.  I guess I have heard of albino squirrels but this guy is genetically just different in color.

Warmer weather seems to be in the future for us. Our furnace doesn't work as often now and that is good.  I suspect we will go from cool temps to very warm by Wednesday when it hits 75 degrees.  Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Patsy said...

How nice of you to give this to the library.
Here in Arkansas we have light brown and red squirrels. when we lived in Texas I saw wild albino squirrels and they were white with pink nose.

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Great photo to save. Always interesting what is noted on old pieces.
Glad you're getting a little growth. Green means spring!
That is a cute squirrel. Our neighborhood squirrel was hanging in the tree across the alley yesterday eating the buds off another tree.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice job on that frame!! I am certain the people at the Public Library will appreciate it! Your blonde squirrel is interesting!:)