Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Middle of the Week.......


It hasn't toppled over yet but it probably will soon.  It is a homemade item from barn boards.  I wanted it to look like a form of a water pump and some years I pump water into it to have the water flow through the square spout into the tank. I may take time to rebuild it and make it better.






Another item that leans is the concrete swan.  Apparently the ground underneath it was vegetable in nature and it has disintegrated under it making it lean.  It isn't an outstanding shot of anything but it is an impromptu one for the sake of sharing.













Another valentine from another of my nieces that was given to my parents.  I am sure she picked it out not knowing that it said teacher.  I am certain that she cold read at the time that she gave it.  If you knew Kristi the giver and watched her grow up you would know that the pink card would be one of her favorites.  As a young person she had a canopy bed with cloth of pink and white stripes. Again this card is probably 40 years old or more.












I will finish off today with some sad looking snow.  The snow is melting but we will be cold enough for a while to keep this stuff.  The wind started to blow during the night to remind us that the Arctic circle still exists.  The wind makes it feel so cold that one hates to get out into it.

Yes, I am back in the classroom today for the other Middle School science teacher.  It is an early out so that is great.   Thank you for stopping by today.








2 comments:

Patsy said...

When the cold wind blows it feels like it takes all the warmth right out of the house.
Hope your day is a good one.

troutbirder said...

Early out was another favorite of mine. I love your "river birch" picture. They're had to find around here unless I travel sixty miles down into the Mississippi Valley...;)