Friday, April 17, 2015

Friday's Arrival......



I noticed last night that I have two very small white tulips blooming right now.  I don't have shots to prove it but maybe by tomorrow that will happen.  Our tulips are few and far between with spots of color showing up in various areas in the garden areas.  We are getting a lot of new green foliage but the flowering season really has not started.







I am watching to see if the bleeding heart will bloom this year. It is nice to see that it survived as you can see it popped up among the dead twigs and leaves.











This lilac looks like it won't bloom again this year.  I have lots of patience because that is all I can do.  I can't make it bloom until it is ready to do so.  I hate that I have to wait a whole year to see it to try again.


It is Friday and I am a different associate in the same special ed. room. I follow some of the same students into their different classes.  It seems to be a beautiful day today and it would be nice to be outside working in the yard.  Saturday may not work for that as it is suppose to be raining.  I hope all are well and thanks for stopping in today.







4 comments:

Dolly said...

I saved a wretched Bleeding Heart from Walmarts throw-away buggy a couple of years ago, and it finally gave me the gift of bloom this Spring ! I don't know how tall it is supposed to get, but I'm loving it !

And I purchased a couple of Kim Lilacs from Wallyworld 3 years ago, and they are THE MOST difficult to get going good. Granted, the area I have them has more gravel than dirt, but one of the two has beautiful LEAVES this year, and a very few buds. I'll probably leave that one where it is and move the scraggly one in search of deeper roots !

Always fun to walk your garden with you !

Tom said...

You're a bit ahead of us. Tom The Backroads Traveller

Vicki Lane said...

Beautiful shot of that apricot tulip!

Far Side of Fifty said...

My Lilac has very tiny leaf buds...we are far behind you! I am anxious to see your blooms:)