Monday, April 20, 2015

Monday the 20th.......


The flag iris is coming up in three different locations this year.  I am hoping at least one location will be good for the plants to give me blooms.




The wind was strong from the east and it was cold enough to keep the tulips from opening up in full bloom.  This time of the year the days will be windy as we keep shifting from winter to spring. The wind with the low temperatures made it uncomfortable while out there.













The hostas are magical as the shoot up their leaves overnight.  The moisture that is in the ground is helping them to look good so far. Things are looking better around on the property and unfortunately the grass looks like I may have to mow it. 


















It is growing bigger and this iris did give me some blooms last year.  The leaves are more decorative than the blooms are on the plant.  I moved a few of these to other locations to see if they would grow better.  The conditions are so touchy for iris as they can't be too wet or have too much shade. 

I didn't notice until now that a hosta is shooting up behind the iris.  I keep digging and moving the hostas here and there with no real design plan.  The more the merrier whit green plants everywhere.


















I am test giving this morning in an advisory room where the students are connected to a computer at the main office.  I have to monitor everyone and keep them up and running with the staff computer.

Once testing is done I will continue to be the special education staff person for today.  Thanks for stopping by today.



3 comments:

Patsy said...

I like the color of your tulips.
I have buds on the iris but not as many as should be. Last year most didn't bloom at all.

RachelD said...

Always nice to have you drop in at LAWN TEA! I'm not familiar with Flag Iris---my Mammaw and all the folks I knew called cannas "flags."

And what IS the usual life of a tulip bulb, anyway? We've been in this house for seventeen years, and I know there was a renter before that, but even though the tulips the owner planted when they lived here have not bloomed in the last five years, but do send out some hearty-green leaves, there are two bright yellow blooms swaying in the wind outside the door.

If you can parse that sentence, good for you!

Glad to see all your color and bloom out there.

rachel

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your plants are looking good! Nothing blooming up here so I appreciate your blooms:)