Saturday, April 18, 2015

Slidding into Saturday.......


I only see two blooms showing right now of this particular tulip.  There were more in number last year.





Picasa, my storage site, decided to decorate this one photo today.  Who is to argue and I will just share it. Most all of the tulips in this area are now yellow.  My neighbor lady told me that as the bulbs age that they revert back to yellow.  With the majority of my blooms, they are yellow.








The New England Bluebells are opening up looking more like clusters of bells.  I was glad to see that the flower had been on the property when I bought the place and I have seen them spread in the years that I have lived here.
Our gardens on the farm when I was a kid had a tendency to be overcome with orchard grass every spring.  The bluebells would still shoot through the thick grass and I could pull the grass away to see them.  They were planted or had spread to a number of areas along the long flower bed of iris and phlox.




This vinca is what I contributed to our property.  It has survived many years and always is  blooming in spring. I have planted it in another location from the original planting and it now is pretty much established into the area.





City hall always knows best if you ask them.  I will share more about this marker on our waterline at a  later time.  We are going to have something done to the slopping green grassway ditch that is between the road and our yard.  I will have photographs for you  It will be an ugly thing that they are going to do.  I don't know why the landowners were not asked about their opinions of the said project.


I am posting late today as we had errands to do this morning.  We are getting short spurts of rain and it is said we may have a storm this afternoon.  We need the rain so we will be home with the dogs ready to watch it happen.  I hope everyone has a good weekend.  Thanks for stopping by today.























2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love tulips but have never grown any. We did have vinca at one home and just loved it in spring. I hope you won't have storms; I know your doggies would be afraid. Take care.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope the city doesn't disrupt your life too much! Your tulips are lovely:)