Monday, October 5, 2015

Monday, the Start.........


The old cart wheel has a very strong apparatus on it to hold whatever wooden cart.  Lots of times they were milk carts to carry the milk cans to different locations.




Most all of the morning glories now look like this.  We have a week of seventies coming up so maybe I can see more blooms again. Those temperatures will be welcomed.

Having both patches of glories planted in containers and not in the ground means I have to keep a close eye on the moisture of them.  No rain means I have to water them every other day.

Unfortunately the grass still grows.  If it gets really hot and I don't have a sniffle I might have to mow again.







I drug myself out Saturday morning to take things to the curb for the town clean up day.  I was actually sick but I did it anyway.  I like throwing things away as it is a freeing feeling. I tossed my dad's old wheel barrow and another small metal one that had no rubber on its wheels.  I tossed all the frames from the school composite project, large pieces of plexiglas that I decided I would not repurpose, and some rolls of wire.  One guy came along and picked up the rolls of woven wire and I was glad he could use it. I almost threw away the ladder from my dad's place but it was in the apple tree and there are still a few apples up there that I can reach from it.  I can throw that ladder away next year.  We went to the bookstore in the morning and when we returned all of it was just gone.  It is good because I didn't need any of it, don't remember all that I had out there, and the clear patch of grass was good to see. If I had been well that week I would have tripled the size of the pile like my neighbors did.


When I picked up the free chair, I also found this in the trash.  It is the bowl to a "bowl and pitcher" set.  It was fun to find and if I decide if I don't want it I can put it back out in my garbage later. 

I knew right away that it was not an antique bowl as the glaze  on the inside of the bowl looks like it was airbrushed.  I couldn't guess the age at first but I knew it wasn't a Hobby Lobby item as it was not made in China.







The stamp says Ironstone, made in the USA.  It is such a big bowl that it really has limited use.  I did envision a small Christmas tree could be set up inside of it. A planter could be inside of it and it could be the overflow tray. 







I was surprised that I had not seen it earlier but it says 1986.  For antiques I laugh at the date but when I think about it, the bowl is almost 30 years old.   Anyway to all of this I say that I have not more free stuff to share.  This is the last.  The house next door is cleared now and up for sale.

The house would be an interesting thing to blog about with its servant's quarters and separate entrance to the upstairs.  I am fascinated by historic floor plans and the whole front of the house is solid windows for an entry way, sepearte summer sitting room and a part the butts off the living room as a sun room year round. All the glassed rooms were connected with windowed walls that reminds me of the old fashion library doors. It is a big old 4 by 4 house in a bungalow style.



I will finish with a morning glory of course.  It is red and that is why I picked it.  It is an artsy one as the focus and graininess comes from low light. 

I am in a middle school English room today teaching word usage and punctuation. Reading about Petey seems to be an interesting book and getting work caught up for the next day is all in order. I am glad to get work today and it should prove to be a good day.  Where I am working, they are replacing the roof while school is in session.  It is nothing to hear people walking over your room or the material being drug across the roof.   I can see the kids are just use to it as they have been at this for about three weeks now.

I hope all are safe and well today.  I hope the flooding stops soon in South Carolina and all are safe. Thank you for stopping in at my spot today. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you have been sick. We had so much rain for the last several days, that we cleaned out a lot of clutter to donate to goodwill since we were stuck indoors. We still have warm temps here. The grass is slowing down.
I would love to see your neighboring home that is for sale. My mother always loved "bungalows." Very interesting bowl you discovered along with the chair. I do love the flower photos, also.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I would like to see that four x four too as my daughter lives in one! They remade the first floor bedroom/parlor into a bath and an office. They have huge double glass doors in the foyer one way the LR and the other Dining Room it is really a cool house. This year they replaced all the windows and they are now making all new trim for the inside...just like what was there but new and shiny. Old houses like that are a treasure!
I heard warmer temps will be here by the weekend:)