Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Tuesday's Fall Day.........


I was out across the street taking photos of the cornfield and when I turned around I could see this.  The neighbor's maple is going to have full color again this year. It is interesting that some trees are just losing their leaves and not bothering to turn color. The jury is still out on the verdict if my red maple really will turn red.


Up the street where the yellow house is for sale those trees are having a true fall color change.  The wind is so strong from the northwest that these leaves can be found all over my yards both west and east of the house.   They will mow up easily once I get back to mowing grass.


Yesterday the corn was not picked.  I looked at it on Sunday and thought why haven't they taken in that crop?  Then Monday, sometime in the day while I was gone, they picked it.  It is my neighbor's 13 acres that she rents and the field didn't take very long for them to pick the corn. You can see beyond the road that corn is not picked but that is a different farmer.







As I walked along the corn stubble I saw a morning glory waiting for me to document it for historical purposes.  The vines were still out there as the corn is picked cutting off the stalk about 8 inches off of the ground.













I really had to dig in my archives to find this photo.  It probably was a month ago that I took it.  The corn combine picks the corn, removes the husk, and then shells the corn off of the cob.  The kernels are saved and the rest is kicked out the back.  The husking is done so well that the whole husks lays out there on the ground looking like there might be corn still inside of it.  Technology makes sure there isn't a single ear lost.



The fish are of concern for me as I need to get them out soon.  When it is really cold they go to the bottom and I don't see them.  They don't eat when it is cold, that is natural, but I need to get them out of there.  I will drain it with my garden pump and then remove them from their.  I know I have two big goldfish inther from last year and I think there are 5 or 7 smaller fish that are less than a season old but have really grown larger than they would in a fish tank.








I am school again today.  I was hired to be a special ed. associate by the machine but I was manually changed over to be a 6th grade English teacher.  It will be the same kind of thing when I was the 7th grade English teacher last week.  The sixth graders are a little cuter and a little more active.  It will be a good day.

I appreciate you stopping by today.  I hope are all are feeling well. 

4 comments:

Patsy said...

Love seeing the corn field
all picked. I guess the fish can't take your cold weather?
I do have a place to plant Pansies around our door, my not get to it this year.

Far Side of Fifty said...

The corn is not ready up here yet. I enjoyed seeing the Morning Glory in the field...birds must be carting seeds away:)

The Furry Gnome said...

It must be a challenge to switch what you're teaching every day at the last minute!

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Nice photos. Really like seeing the fish too.