Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Afternoon Posting.....


The Canada goose was all alone. I stood on the deck taking shots when I saw the bird headed my way. Just like a goose hunter I swung my camera around and took a blind shot. We rarely see them flying over in our newer place. Normally there are at least three or more.  There are geese over by our grocery store where a pair hatched out a bunch  of small Canadas. Here, this guy must have slept late and is trying to find it's family.

 This is a radom shot of things that were moved to the new place. My dad went through a stage of making clocks from pieces of hardwood. The walnut clock is partially shown here with a real half of a walnut glued to each corner.  My youngest son said he wanted it and sometime he will find it in his mail box.  The viewer is old. I can't throw it away. I don't have cards of dual photos to put in it but I just could not send it the the landfill. While at the town trash, wood dump yesterday, I saw piles of walnuts that were still in their hulls. Some one must have picked them up in there yard and brought them to dump. I think it looked like a lot of work to husk them, dry them, then open and pick out the meats. 


I was told by a friend that I may just have to bring the green tomatoes inside to ripen.  I looked out of the downstairs window and could see there are some that are ripening again. We dropped off a bag of them this afternoon to my wife's friend. She lines them up on her counter and eats them from the row picking out the ripest one first. She mentioned how she loved the small pear tomatoes.  I had put a dozen or more of them into the bag too.




I still find it unusual for the blue spruce to just have cones at the top of the street. Maybe they are just thicker there, I will have to go over and look at the bottom areas to see if there are cones there.  I know the bluejays will like them in the winter time.

I worked at the old place today, patching in  siding pieces on the one area of the house.My hands are a mess.  Even though I double glove the left hand I can tell I will have to take the day off tomorrow. Arthritic hands seem to be more painful that I had imagined.

We finally have sunshine this afternoon and it is warming up.  Tomorrow will be warmer again but our night time temperatures are cold.

I need to shut this late posting down now and wish everyone a good evening. Take care all.


No comments: