Saturday, September 30, 2017

Almost Forgot..........to Blog.


The zinnias are starting to crash.  The front rows are laying down on the ground and the back third row is leaning the other direction. I take so many shots of the flowers that I sometimes don't remember which ones that I have posted.


I like them in all colors but the bright hues like this really are striking. I am still in a quandary in to water or not to water.  I should go out and water when I get bored and just do it.

Some of the plants do just bloom all by themselves and didn't blend in with all of the other plants. The sunflowers are starting to get hit by the feeding birds.  They have to stand on the back side of the flower and lean over to pick out a seed. When I check the seeds, they really are pretty soft and moist.


I picked tomatoes again last n night and they still sit in the chair on the downstairs patio.  Maybe I can correct that when I force myself to water the flowers. We had BLT last night and they are so good. I think we can be eating them for another month if things go our way.

It warmed up to 70 degrees F. and no higher than that.  It is getting so cold so fast making it seem like true fall weather.  I can't imagine when we will get our first snowfall but I can wait for that for a long time. My grass seed that I planted a few weeks ago on my bare dirt patch has all sprouted but the days don't seem warm enough to really encourage much growth.  It may be a muddy mess in the spring if things don't grow any better.

Well, I did forget to blog today.  I did catch it when I opened up the computer this later afternoon, I did have photos, I just forgot to do it. We have a joint effort of peach cobbler in the oven right now as I write.  Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm....peach cobbler warm out of the oven sounds delicious!

I like the bright zinnias, too.

We were slightly cooler today.

I dread the snow/bitter cold for you both and Barney this winter. Maybe with the garage it won't be quite as much work for you.

Your BLT's sound good too. That is one of my all time favorites.

Red said...

When the zinnias are shutting down, we know it's late.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Peach cobbler sounds yummy one day this week I will make an apple crisp:)