Friday, September 8, 2017

Final Day of the Week.....


The evening sky shows a cloudless one. The lone tree sits up the ravine, big and beautiful.  I am still not certain to which of the houses own that tree but I am sure that both sides of the fence have to rake leaves.  A neighbor to our southeast shared information about this development yesterday.  Our development was built on farm land which was surrounded by trees. That is typical for some farmland mostly in southern Iowa.  The farmers of the past apparently kept this patch  clear of timber for a lot of years. I don't think there was any coal mine here even though that is what established this town.  The backyard of my house is a wash zone of the land, low spot for water to drain away.  That tree has been a part of the eco system and I am glad it is still there. There are a few more of them up the way that have the same age on them. Our street, the curved one called Brookline,  follows the line of the ravine of our back yards.

The morning glory seeds that I planted months ago are now taking off. It will be interesting to see if I get any flowers from the vine. I am thinking the climate on the deck is different than being on the ground so that probably caused its delay in germination.



The hardy germanium shares the same space and really likes it on the deck.  We view this from inside the dining room glass door as well and enjoy it on the deck outside.



I am headed to the old house this morning to see what I can get accomplished. The contractors that I talked with on Monday gave me clues of what I should not do.  I know things that I thing have to be done before I sell it. I am going to looking it over and priorities those things need before the snow flies. Patching in some siding in bad areas and a window trim on the outside needs to be completely replaced. Inside things can be done when it gets cold for sure so I will have to make a list.  I have rested for the whole week, sort of, at the new place so I am stronger.

I wish everyone safety out there with the incoming hurricane.  I know some of my blog friends have lived through these before but I am concerned for them. Living on a peninsula makes everyone very vulnerable.  Everyone take care and have a good day. Thanks for checking in today.


1 comment:

A Colorful World said...

Lovely geranium. Hope you fare well in upcoming bad weather!