Saturday, June 17, 2023

All Gone......For Sure.


 Companies always like to name their plants even though they are so similar to other flowers in other companies. They called this a firecracker hardy geranium. The three pots of them seem to be settling in to their pots but I am thinking they are slow growing.  I may be just impatient. 

 


 

The greenhouse starts come with blooms on them and sometimes tomatoes.  This roma is doing well even though it hasn't been in the ground that long.  



Our grocery store has a garden center and it is now starting to discount everything.  They try to close them down by the end of June. This was a bargain hardy geranium that I bet will look good in a few weeks.  It was weathered from sitting outside in the garden display.



It is a meager start but I do have one vine started on the trellis. I am impatient with these morning glories but I do know they get going all of sudden after they take time to root down.  I have flowering hydrangea bean in these pots also and I haven't grown them for a long time. 



While I was subbing as a social studies teacher a few years ago I had one of the students laugh and say to another student Burgus always has a story.  The large pot of water was a wonderful place for my goldfish to live.  Sadly I went out this morning and they were all gone.  I noticed water had been displaced and spilled out.  I noticed things were not right and I did see one partially eaten fish on the cement.  I apparently had a raccoon crawl into the water and fish out all of the fish.  There was none left. I had four larger ones, goldfish and two fantailed ones.  I also have a poop deposit in my yard to prove that a raccoon had visited my once flourishing fish pond.  Now it is just a large pot of water. I guess I should be glad it didn't damage my plastic pot while crawling into it.

Thanks for stopping by this Saturday.


1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

Bummer on the goldfish. I know that raccoon are pretty prevelant even in neighborhoods.

People think they are cute. I don't.