Friday, June 16, 2023

June 16th.......


 It is a potting bench but I rarely use it.  I end up working off the table or on the patio floor. I still like having there to give me a little privacy from next door.  I have a few morning glories starting to climb the trellis.  I have potted up some begonias in th small painted pot and I have a new hardy geranium in the big pot. Nothing has really taken hold yet and growth seems slow. The clay pieces are bird houses that I made as examples for kids to do for creative coil pottery making.  I would do one each year or each semester. 



Our assessor raised out property tax value by $75,000 this past year.  I discussed with my neighbor how the houses behind us are all valued much more than ours.  I had a "duh" moment as he said that they are two story house with a basement and we are only one story houses.  When I am back in the yard I sure do think that I live in a two story house. I guess I do have only one set of stairs as they do have two sets. The downstairs bedroom in in the far left window and the full bath is down there too.  Our four bedroom house in reality is only three as one bedroom was turned into my wife's art studio. 



Instead of growing vegetables like the former owner I grow zinnias.  I am pleased with the growth here and be waiting to see my first buds. I have another area like this, same size, but it has iris growing in it on one end and one row of marigolds with the rest being zinnias.  

 

 

My neighbor's day lily is the first to bloom this year.  It sits in the garden just northwest of my corner garden.  I have a couple of day lilies starting to bud but they seem slow this year. 



We married in 1984,  39 years ago.  It wil; be a fun day.  We went out for pancakes for breakfast and are headed to our local Italian Restaurant this evening.  We just recently discover the Italian place a few months ago.  It is only four miles away in our own city.  It is actually located on the old highway 69 that runs the length of the United States, norht to south.  You wouldn't know it is a high way as it is all filled up with business as well as the huge John Deere factory to the west of it. They do all the authentic dishes and it is a lot of fun.  It will finish off our day of partying.

I worked on the mowing of the backyard today.  It has cooled down so I didn't die of heat stroke this time. I still have too much grass so I mowed some of it twice picking up the grass in a mower bag.  It makes it look better.  I will do the front yard tomorrow.  It will be warmer then.  

Thanks for stopping by this Friday, June 16th.


4 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

They have raised the property taxes all over our county recently, people are not happy.
I truly don't know how young people go about buying a five hundred thousand dollar starter home, it's ridiculous.
Your flowers are coming along nicely, we seem to be having hotter days this Summer.
Happy Anniversary to you both, enjoy your dining.
Jo

The Furry Gnome said...

Nice house in any case, and congrats Larry!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy Anniversary!

Val Ewing said...

Happy Anniversary. That is a beautiful house!

I love your potting bench, that just looks so nice.