Monday, June 26, 2023

Monday's Mentions.....

 

A Dutch iris is now blooming.  I had ordered some from a company from Holland. I was so frustrated with how long it took to get here. I would get a message a month later that  the order was finally in the United States. Any way, I planted them thinking I would never see them bloom. So here in the end of July I have the first bloom. I am pleased with this one bloom.  I am curious to see what other colors that I may have in the future blooms.



My wife put together the large pot of flowers first.  In a week later I decided it would be more interesting if there were more.  The second one is slowly trying to catch up with the larger one. I find it interesting to see what people put out on their front steps in spring. I could see my turtle statue looking good joining them.  I see this year that railing planter boxes are popular. 



The clusters of roses show the different stages of development.  The deadheading did take place on this bush but a lot of it was still looking good. This is the only yellow rose that I have ever grown so I really appreciate it a lot.



I don't remember the name of this but it was one with butterfly included. The former owners had a lot of plants that I have had to learn their names.  



I mowed the backyard this morning wearing a long sleeve shirt.  After a break I started digging the holes for these stepping stones.  I inherited these as I would have used smaller rock.  I did start digging out the grass and worked in about six of them into the yard.  I have three to go and that job will be done.  It is a lot of work and I just had to quit at six.  I will have energy tomorrow to finish the last three. I will finish mowing the front yard first and then be glad that project is done.  The holes where the stones were removed will take a season to get them to grass over but it is good to get it altered. 



We cooled off today in the mornings but it will stay hot and dry all week. I will be watering things to keep things growing.  Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

The Butterfly weed is Asclepsis incarnata I do not remember the variety name something ice:) I used to have a bunch by the Grain Bin. Oh Ice Ballet!!

Val Ewing said...

Butterfly plant of some kind! I have an orange one and was so happy to see it come up again this year!

Your flowers and garden are so beautiful.