Friday, June 2, 2023

Friday Frizzes Your Hair....


 I brought all of them inside before the big rain. It was time to have some inside bouquets but I just got too busy. This is a sample of the hybrids and the older cemetery iris. 



Give the vase a turn and you can see a couple flag iris in the bouquet.  I had to give the whole bunch a trim job to take away the spent blooms but they are continuing to bloom.



A candid shot of everyday life showing in the background.  The peonies will last a few days and then they will drop petals. 



A shot of the droop with the two and a half inch rain weighing down the blooms.  I did prop up some today but they will not ever be the same again.  Weather is always a factor that can be such a negative for flowers but we needed the moisture so badly. 



The third vase of flowers has roses in it along with some special peonies to balance thing out for display. 



I mowed in the back yard today.  I sharpened the blade a little and I didn't have to use the bagger today.  It was slow going as the grass was tall.  I was a couple of days behind on the job.  I was thinking I had enough energy to do the front yard also today but it was getting to be 83° F. by the time I had finished the back yard.  I had to wait until late morning to start as the 84% humidity was not letting the grass dry out for me to do the job. We are really now into a full summer mode with the heat and humidity. It is suppose to stay hot for days ahead.  

Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pretty arrangements to enjoy! Your roses are so very pretty! Stay cool, it is too warm here too:(