Friday, September 29, 2023

Friday's Finds......


 As the cool day heats up we see upper cloud formations like this. We will heat up to 90° F. today and the warm spell is staying for a couple of days. El Nino is doing its thing already.



The begonia is looking its best for the season.  It knows that I keep it inside during the winter so it is getting showy so I won't miss taking in inside to avoid freezing temps.



The yellow rose has one last tall stalk that is putting out blooms  The bug is an extra point of interest for the shot.



Another shot of the scampering young chipmunk.  He is really frightened of me so I do have to shoot a picture through the living room window. 



We went out for breakfast today.  It was good eating and then we went to Walmart.  I needed a second pair of work shoes to alternate with my old ones.  The one pair sneakers gets wet so easily in the heavy dew and I get soaked to the socks.  The new pair will stop the wet sock  problem.  I also picked up a couple pairs of dress slacks.  I have a lot of slacks from my teaching years but most of them are pleated in the front and they balloon out in the front.  I lost noticeable weight from the various illness causes. The new ones aren't fancy but just plain flat front slacks that I can wear for whatever occasion.  I didn't want the skinny legged pants as I am too old to look cool.  I did mow the front half of my yard this morning with my new shoes doing their job. 

Enough for today.  Thanks for checking in today. 


2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

You were a good shopper...shoes and pants all in the same day!! Nothing worse than wet feet, I wear my red rubber boots until I switch to an old pair of snow boots when it gets cold:)

Val Ewing said...

Shopping for older folks is sort of hard. I don't like leggings much nor do I like the skinny pants. I prefer baggy and loose. I really like pants with a lot of pockets.

Those flowers look great. I think the chipmunks are getting ready for winter too now.