Monday, September 11, 2023

Rainfall.....


 I caught the downy woodpecker at the feeder this morning.  I had noticed that a bird was working on the suet but I never saw it happening.  The view to it is difficult as the two feeders almost block the view.  I had to do acrobatics to get the bird into my camera's viewfinder. 



We had sprinkles and light rain for a few hours late Sunday.  It measured up to be a half of an inch of rain. The heavenly blue morning glories seemed grateful looking up at the heavenly blue sky.  Being nine inches behind in rainfall, it was good to get something. The half inch did make the grass turn a little bit green again. 



As I have been moving hosta plants around I was glad to see this one shooting up a new set of leaves in the center of the transplanted original. 



This hosta plant is putting out blooms yet this far into the season.  I rarely get this good of shot of the blooms on a hosta. 



We have had a cooler day and the roses look better after a small rainfall. It is Monday and I did get s ome chores done today.  Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Still love your blue Morning Glory!

Val Ewing said...

Beautiful morning glories!

No rain here, we hoped for it but we still had a pleasant day.