Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wandering through Wednesday..........


It was almost a year ago when we finished remodeling the dining room. It hasn't taken long for us to fill in the space in the window with plants.  This winter when the snow is covering the ground we will be sitting at the table and looking out, drinking coffee of course.
I am still amazed as to how the replacement of the old drafty window has changed the behavior of the furnace.  The thermostat is in this room and the furnace ran so much more as it just couldn't get the room heated.  Now the rest of the house is a little cooler because it heats it and shuts down, just like it is suppose to do.


Surprised success is all I can call it.  I divided a violet into two parts and I really did think this part was not going to survive.  It lost all of it's dirt when I started to transplant it and I could not see many roots.  It has survived and looks like it won't loose many outside leaves.  I will move them into another room soon as the winter sun will come in strong on them and they won't like it. I bought a light for them but that is still not set up as of yet.  My wife and I transplanted all those starts that I had a month ago and  every single plant seems to be surviving.  Fall and winter becomes my farming time inside as I just move inside and carry on with it.


We lost a Manx cat that didn't survive the syndrome over a year and  half ago now.  We  happened on this garden ornament that looked so closely like Nala and also had it's tail bobbed like the Manx that  has just a stub of a tail.  She is buried under the apple tree and has been joined with two of the neighbor cats who have met misfortune and died in my yard.  That is another story of what or who is causing early death of our cats in the neighborhood.

A day of rest doesn't mean we don't have things to do.  It just means that we don't have to saw, hammer, paint, or clean today.  We have errands to do this afternoon so will be out and about visiting stores to buy printers ink, mat board, boards to make a beam on the porch, groceries and maybe books and coffee. It is suppose to be a very windy day as the jet stream is shooting from Florida all the way up through Iowa today.  It may be going from Canada to Florida instead, I could have that confused.  Either way, the wind doth blow long and hard today.
Thanks for stopping by...........I hope you are all doing well today.

2 comments:

OiseauBird said...

very good idea to fill in the window's space with plants, good and living decoration.
in France, when I live in apartment I used to do the same like you

Far Side of Fifty said...

Youe African Violets look really good!
I like your Nala statue..is is really cute..I know you loved her very much..she had a short good life:)