Saturday, October 15, 2011

Saturday......


The very last bud to open hesitantly in our weather, but as it does it does take on a better form.


This is a small rose but it has proven to be my best bloomer.


The hostas are doing a better job of having diverse colors than most of my other plants. I really am going to miss summer and fall.

I have some work to do outside yet and hope I can do some of it the next few days.  I want to trim back a viburnum bush that is overgrown and I need to trim back the field lilies and bring in the two potted agapanthus down into the basement.  I have a 50 gallon tank in the basement that needs to be cleaned out so that I can bring in the pond fish before it is too cold for me to capture them.  Leaves are mowed at my house but that will be in November as my silver maples are not through dropping them until then. I have one last oxalis to dig and bring in and I don't want to lose it.  My bird feeders are still in position and I want to cut back the one forsythia next to the garden gate.  The bush keeps the iris from blooming in the spring when it gets too big.  I have furniture to be moved in but I usually wait for a stormy snowing day to do that of course.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

The Musical Gardener said...

Good to see we are of like mind in regard to moving the furniture in. Why waste a perfectly good day, doing such a mundane task, when a blinding snowstorm will work just as well.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You and Musical are too funny. All mine except for two plastic chairs are moved into the garage..I hate moving furniture in the snow:)