Saturday, December 3, 2011

Sparkle Plenty......


I was reading in a magazine an article from the editor of Midwest Living.  He was sharing how they buy very sturdy real evergreen trees so that it can withstand the weight of all that they hang on their Christmas tree.  In a way we have that same thing going on each year.  I load on far more lights that I need then we place three boxes of ornaments on it, sometimes blocking the lights with the ornaments.

It is raining and cool today but we won't have snow.  I plan to frame pictures all day for people's Christmas presents and also to bring up the last two trees to be decorated.  Bringing the items up from the basement is most of the battle but once we have the materials around we will get them decorated.  I really would like to get out and decorate one of my small balsam pine trees with lights this year but I don't know if it will happen today.  It is on my to do list or even wish I had more time list.


This is one of my late night blurry photos.  It is the color and light that is my dominate thieme I guess as you can see having the photo in focus was not accomplished.


I will finish with a photo that is in great focus to reprieve myself from a bad photo.  We are rainy and cool today but no snow.  It is a good day to get work done inside and also take lots of coffee breaks and watch the birds feeding at the feeders.

Thanks for stopping by my post.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty tree and I love all the lights and ornaments. We have very clear skies today and it is currently 59 at 11 a.m.

We had about 5" of rain this past week, so I'm grateful for the sunshine today.

Can't wait to see the other trees. Enjoy the day.

Rae said...

That is a gorgeous tree. You can never have too much sparkle.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

I just love all of your glass ornaments, they are timeless decorations.
Yes, a LOT of them on the trees, but don't they look beutiful and sparkly :)
Great shots...even the blurry one !
~Jo

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is a beautiful tree..very sparkly! :)

The Musical Gardener said...

Nice 'rust'ic header.

Our tree is kind of like yours - although we just didn't put all the ornaments on this year - new kitten in the house, so most of the really old breakable ones will just stay packed for this year.