Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Two for Tuesday...........



I haphazardly strung 100 more lights onto my blacked out deer ornament last night.  It could have used another 100 but it will do for this year.  If I find a cheap set after Christmas I would like to buy enough to give it a huge amount of light strung all over it.  A glowing buck that is over electrified would be neat.



A rescued rose with a story that can go on and on, but I will spare you some of the details. Down on the farm was a rose bush that my wife's mother had planted.  It was slowly being overtaken by brush and young trees.  I spent a couple of years trying to figure out how to get it dug.  I finally dug a small section of it that had come up from a root sprout early spring.

When the house came down there was an area of growth still there and a pile of tree branches and rocks.  As my brother in law used a machine with a blade on it to remove the debris I was surprised to find this chunk of a rose bush spread out on the ground with other sections.  It is an old fashioned rose as it had a large base on it and it would have been hard to dig with a spade.

I grabbed up all of the pieces and brought them home. I put them in dirt in a plastic bucket and watered it well.  The same day I saw a television program where Jerry was saying roses do need to go dormant.  So I took it to my cold dark basement and left it.  Two months later you can see the three sprouts that are coming up from the roots.

I was really surprised as the root had been dried out and it looked pretty chopped up.  I just planted it just it case that it would grow.   I don't think I will add any more moisture for a couple of months unless it gets really dry.  I will have to find a good place for it outside in the spring.  I don't know what color it is but I will be glad to see how it does in it's new home.

I paid large bucks to replace my fuel pump, which is installed in the gas tank.  I have the car back now as I had to have it  towed Sunday morning and they repaired it on Monday.  The dealership was pretending that it was busy but with this economy I knew that they weren't too busy.  They had it done by Monday evening and we picked it up this morning at 7:30 before work.  Cars are so dependable until you least expect it, then you are stranded and helpless.

Thanks for stopping by and have a good Tuesday.



1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

You should have just bought a new car! Fuel Pump inside the gas tank..now that make replacing it really hard. I am glad it is all fixed..and you don't have to walk about town:)