Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday's Findings......


My wife took a picture of one of our doves last week.  We have two kinds of them.  Mourning doves  and  the Eursian collared dove.  You cans see the markings on the neck of this one.  I had learned that they don't eat at feeders but will eat on the ground or on tray feeders.  So I put a tray design on the top of my tower feeder and we do feed the doves and the squirrels on it.


My one variegated violet is this magenta and white. The other one that I photographed recently was the blue and white.


Here I am dumping more violet photos on my blog as I don't have new pictures at this time.  We will be receiving rain today and snow by midnight.  I don't think they know how much and where it will all land right now.

My brother from Arizona is back right now to visit and elderly father in law.  I think it would be good for him to feel a snow storm again in his life.  Safely of course but he has lived down south since the 1970"s and really should remember what it was like to be in an Iowa storm.

I am a techie today again and have finished a bunch of tasks already.  I do a lot of troubleshooting around here which are not high tech work, but some things, small things, prevent teachers to get jobs done on their computers.  They need a lot of encouraging and simple questions can halt major road blocks when it comes to computers.  I have one staff member who just can't remember her password for the mail.  She changes it so often that she looses track the password of the week.

Friday is here and my wife and I are about done with the colds that we have carried for a couple of weeks. Our energy level is back and

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty photos from both you and your wife. Happy to hear you are both on the mend. Have a safe and restful weekend.