Friday, May 11, 2012

Friday's Showing.........


Peonies are early this year because of many reasons.  The first of my white peony came out yesterday. The variety of colors you see in the flower are real.  They have pink and yellow colors blended in among the white.



This little guy was at the feeder last evening.  His fluffy feathers tells me he is a newly hatched bird this past month.  The adults were out and calling territorial calls all evening.



The bad think about the wild rose is that it takes over the entire acreage if it were allowed to grow.  I mow it to keep it back as it's roots continue to shoot all over my back yard.  It really isn't much more of a nuisance than the Chinese Elm tree as it too has shoots all over the property.  I still have new trees that try to come up from a neighbors Chinese Elm hedge that actually was removed thirty years ago.

The wild rose does have a great fragrance.  That is a positive to get such a great smell in the back yard.   The mock orange is starting to bloom and that will give out a fragrance for half a block away from the bush.

I am the science master again in the high school as well as middle school physical education.  It is a good thing that I like pitching wiffle ball as I have done it for two straight days now.

Friday, it is great that it is here.  Thanks for stopping by my post today.




2 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a lovely peony and I love your wild rose too. Sweet shot of the cardinal.

Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

Silverlining said...

Your photo of the white Peony is so elegant. Thank you for sharing.