Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tuesday's Things.........


The dark buds really don't help one to know what color the iris will be. This probably ia more of a red-brown iris as the camera doesn't pick up red colors accurately.  This iris sat about three feet back from it's present location.  I moved it away from a forsythia bush and out into the sun.  This is the second year that it has bloomed but only two stalks of buds came up this year instead of the three that came up last year.  I may move the back portion to another location in my garden.



 I keep taking pictures of this wiegela as the rains have made it really bloom.



This small rose has many buds on it and they flowers are really nice.  It has many blooms and if I keep them cut back they will bloom most of the summer.



I took a shot of the new sprouts from the leaf starts.  I am not going to rush into replanting these as I want lots of roots on them before I move them.



The old traditional iris is starting to bloom.  My neighbor was given this also and it bloomed earlier than mine.  Her iris did not survive the rains and the winds and they looked like a hurricane had hit them. I am glad my waited to bloom later.

It is a bazinga day at school for me.  Each day some group of students sneak in and treat a teacher's room to a special hazing.   The Spanish teacher is gone the first two hours.  When I, the sub, entered the room I had to remove a criminal yellow tape from the door.  When I walked in,  every student desk had been flipped upside down but all neatly still in the right location.  He also has his desk covered with balloons.  Since I have only two classes today before he returns the kids are going to sit on the floor and also leave the balloons in place so he can see it all when he returns.  The students like sitting on the floor anyway even though a couple are sitting on the desk while it is upside down.

Bazinga is a friendly honor to the staff.  I am not sure that it is students but I suspect if it isn't, that a staff person had to have student help to accomplish this.  In order to teach sit-in's of the sixties last week, one of the staff social studies teachers had one, in the neighbor's classroom, unannounced.  It probably wasted five minutes of class time but these kids don't know what sit-ins look like unless they watch Occupy people today.

We awakened this morning to the sound of our furnish running again.  It was 50 degrees F. last night and won't warm up to 65 degrees today. Thank you for stopping by my post today.


5 comments:

Silverlining said...

The beautiful flower in your top photo appears to have a purple hue. Your photo captured amazing texture and color! Thank you for sharing.

Patsy said...

Like the color of your red-brown iris. True about the buds they kept me guessing this year.Pretty flower on the wiegela, I don't know about this flower.
Hope you have a good day.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Love all of your blooms.

The little leaf starts, are they African violets? If so, I'd like to know how you do that and if I could start them in a seed starting potting mix?

Your weather still sounds nice. It is very warm and humid down here in s.e. FL.

Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

L. D. said...

The leaves were started in violet potting soil. I think the starting mix might actually be better than soil. I just know from watching my mom do this that you need to keep them as vertical as possible so rot won't set in and wilt them.

Caroline Gill said...

That first (red) Iris photo is amazing, Larry ... so intricate and beautiful.