Friday, June 15, 2012

Two Bunches of Blooms.............


My grandmother Mabel Brooks had this regale lily at her house in Murray, Iowa.  She shared it with my mom and I now have the plant.  It is really weathered from the wind but I have given it some support so one can view the blooms.



Hostas are trying to put out blooms even when the soil is so dry.  We are being told that we may have rains for the next few days and I hope that they are correct about that.



This is actually a bunch of seedlings.  I placed some old seed of butternut squash and then watered them.  It was about a week ago and I was surprised to see them up out of the ground.

Friday is finally here.  It has been a long busy week.  Thanks for stopping by post today.




1 comment:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Larry, how nice that the plant has been passed down in your family. We have some plants we transplanted from our NJ home to VA and they seem to thrive here.