Monday, September 10, 2012

Starting off the week.......


My hardy geranium is doing well but the hummingbirds do not like it.  I see them approach the buds but I have yet to see them drink from the blooms.  They do have two feeders hanging nearby and I am sure that it is easier for them to attain sweet stuff.


I broke these plants off from the lanky main plant and put them into a smaller pot.  They have been allowed to dry out a little and they have enjoyed the sumer heat.  I think they have probably rooted now as they seem to be greening up and grow larger.


I posted on my Photo a Day blog a pink geranium with backlighting.  I think this must be partial lighting from the side.  This bloom is in a larger planter and is now taking off now that we have fall weather.  Tomorrow we do jump back up to 90 degrees F.

It is a day for me being a Special Education teacher. It will be a good day.  I will repeat it again tomorrow.  Thanks for stopping by my post today.

4 comments:

Debbie Lo said...

You have such a green thumb, Larry. Your plants always look so healthy and colorful!

Enjoy your couple of days as a Special Ed. teacher!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are teaching today. I always enjoy seeing your flowers. The succulents are so pretty - I really miss having those. I've never had good luck with geraniums here in GA. We are near 90 today. Yesterday was cool ALL day and we enjoyed having the windows open. Blue ran herself silly going from window to window to watch the dried up leaves blow along on the grass! Your box shipped today.

Maria said...

I come here to brighten up my day with the lovely photos from your garden :) Thanks for sharing.

Linda said...

I've never seen bees at my hardy geraniums (tho we don't have hummingbirds in the UK). Perhaps they don't have nectar that attracts?