Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Granite........


This is a large rock in my garden.  I should do plantings around it but I never have.  It is so large and the color is so great that I don't want the plants to cover it with foliage.  The curiosity of this rock is that it is granite.  We don't have granite in Iowa.  We have granite tombstones everywhere but that is shipped in. I don't believe the glacier brought it to Iowa as it seems to be too large for the glaciers' movement to carry.

Anyway, my memories  of this rock are gone.  I don't know where it came from in respect to the 36 years that I have lived here.  I didn't put it into a trunk of a car to bring it home but maybe I did.  I am thinking that I got it from my dad when he was living in town in southern Iowa .  Where would he have found it?

I guess I will never know the history of the rock. Thanks for stopping by my post today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this and I like that it shows up in your garden. There was a piece of granite at the old house that almost was the shape of the state of GA!!! Don't know where it came from either!