Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Two for Tuesday........


I purchased the ivy plant for my Dad back in the 70's. He had built a small shed on the lot of his new house in town and placed a trellis porch roof over the front of it.  The ivy grew all over the ground and up the tree nearby. It also grew up the side of the shed but never on the trellis.  Before I sold the property, I dug up some of it and brought it home to my garden shed.  It is doing well but has not climbed my trellis after two years.  Maybe next year I will do some forcing of it by place ties on some loose ends of the vine on the verticals of my tellis.

The fallen apple has a lot of worm holes in it so I have left it there for the squirrels to eat.  As you can see the creeping Charlie is doing well.


The drought has caused my burning bush to be more brown than red.  It still looks good but I remember how red it is suppose to be during normal times.

It is Tuesday and I am a tech guy today.  Computers to install and programs to install in computer labs are two of the things I will be doing.  Thanks for stopping by today.




2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hi Larry, Your Ivy looks so green and healthy..hope you can train it upright next year:)

Debbie Lo said...

Awww, what a shame that the drought affected your burning bush like that. They are so pretty when they're bright red! Let's hope that this winter and spring will provide everyone with lots of precipitation so that next year's plants will be beautiful!