Friday, December 7, 2012

Goals......


I have more goals than time to accomplish all that I have planned for the weekend.  We have two smaller trees that we hope to get up on Saturday.  The reality is that I have a lot of framing to do and Della has lot of commissioned art to get done.  So the tree work may be put to the back burner.  Maybe tonight after school we can get one of the easier to decorate tree up.  The teddy bear tree doesn't take much work as the lights stay on the tree and teddy bears fill up the branches quickly.


We may have snow late tonight or on Sunday.  The weather persons can't make up their minds.  We had sprinkles yesterday which were welcomed.  Anything to bring the moisture back into the soil will be great. Our rivers and lakes are getting low on water to the point that barges are only filling up half way so they won't run aground on the Mississippi.

I am an English teacher today, working with the Junior and Senior classes. I get to read with one class "The Crucible."  I have a test to give to another class and we will see some work on sonnets today.  It should prove to be an interesting day.

I have not been able to take photographs for so long that my goal is to get on it this weekend.  There should be time for me to get some photos shot both outside and inside.  My neighbors all have lights up on their trees already and the one and only Santa is sitting right across the street from me.  He blows over in a high wind, he and all his little reindeer.

Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Busy time of year for you two. Be sure to take care of yourselves and stay healthy throughout Christmas. I look forward to the teddy bear tree.

Gary said...

Larry,

What a jolly Santa ornament you picture here. It truly sounds as you guys have a plate full of work for the weekend. Hoping you guys have a great weekend and I hope your neighbors Santa and Reindeer don’t take flight. – gary

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Same here this weekend. Much to do. Little time. Hope all the trees get done!