Thursday, June 27, 2013

An Old Timer.......


It was on the north side of the kitchen and I was to build an art gallery on top of it.  So I moved some of it to the east side of the house where it has spread throughout that side of the house.  I even have a little of it now growing in the backyard as it has traveled by roots under the fence and grows almost to the back door.  

It is an old rose that was probably planted there when the house was first built in the 1900's.  I don't see it growing at any other homes around my neighborhood.  Either everyone else didn't like it's spreading tendencies or I just have one of a kind.  It is nothing like the wild rose that I have in the back yard.

Thanks for stopping by today. 

2 comments:

The Pink Geranium or Jan's Place said...

I think its beautiful, wish I had one that travels!

Jan

Anonymous said...

How very special. So sweet.