Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Ready for service.......again.


It will still have some distressed drawer fronts and the veneer sides have a few stains but all in all it has been restored to another life time.   Shari is a writer and she says she will place it in front of her large apartment window that looks out into the large tree she sees from the second floor.  She watches the birds from there and looks down onto a park setting of the property.  The newly restored top is the frosting on the cake for it and I know she will like it.

A picture I was going to share yesterday is this one of the one corner of the top.  It is lesser hard wood that was covered with an even coat of maple finish.  The burl part of the wood is shown here on the corner of the desk.


Speaking of desks, I have a different one.  I was using one of my son's college particle board desk.  While looking for the friends wooden desk I found this at one of our friends garage sale.  I had a price I couldn't refuse.  It is made of metal and glass.  I like it because it is some much deeper than my last one and it looks cool.


It has taken a couple of days and a rearrange of the room to get this to work.  The desk is really neat right now as I haven't been using it much yet.  Neat meaning arranged well, not cluttered and looks like I am an orderly person.  It isn't true but I wanted to share it at this point anyway.

Home from work today with paint on my clothes.  I never know what will be on the agenda each day at school.  Today we stripped wax from a floor, fixed Science room tables(heavy ones), and then helped with the painting of a shower room down in the middle school.  Three of us hit the shower room with great energy and the paint did fly.  It had one coat on it already so we finished it all up today with paint on our hands and yes on my bluejean shorts.

I am weary from my work but it has been good for me.  I noticed a photo of myself from 2008 with my brothers and I was 15 or more pounds heavier then.  I always have dropped weight easily when I do physical labor.  The aches and pains do exist and my inflammation thing keeps rearing it's head.  The adjustment to the time change of six in the morning is upsetting the entire household of wife and two dogs.  The birds and fish just don't care when we get up in the morning.  I am now on the fourth week of work now and we are not half way done with the summer job.

I haven't shared any more news about my brother in California as his condition just isn't changing.  He had a T.I,A stroke and has damage on his left side.  He seems to be able to drive his car to the doctor each day but there hasn't been much improvement or suggested therapies to help him. 

Thanks for stopping by today. 

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is one snazzy looking desk:)

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Nice job on the desk and you did good grabbing the glass one for yourself. You are certainly keeping busy at work. So much to do between school years.

Anonymous said...

I do like the desk...I was wondering if you are always that neat!

Very sorry about your brother and will pray for him.